I use high-tech fabrication techniques to make permanent sculptures and three dimensional photographic objects for public spaces. The materials are robust but they are manipulated to play with light, to create effects that are delicate and subtle. They are always designed for their locations, from the Falls Road in Belfast, to the seafront on Brighton. I work with engineers, architects and material specialists to make sure the work is structurally sound, well integrated into the location and well made.
CV & Education
· 2022 - One Moulsecoomb, Brighton, East Sussex.
· 2022 - Shaftesbury Lace Cattle, Shaftesbury, Dorset.
· 2021 - Peace Frieden Paix, Portsmouth, Hampshire.
· 2020 - Horbury Gull, Horbury, Yorkshire.
· 2020 - Concorde Vortex, Lidl, Filton, Bristol.
· 2018 - Hayling Island Garlands, Lidl, Hayling Island, Hampshire.
· 2018 - Horbury Owl, Horbury Library, Horbury, West Yorkshire.
· 2018 - Whitley Album, Whitley Wood, Reading, Berkshire.
· 2016 - Cluntergate Bird, Cluntergate Centre, Horbury, Yorkshire.
· 2015 - Chelmsford Damask, Premier Inn in Chelmsford, Kent.
· 2015 - Kilnwood Arch and Column, near Horsham in Sussex
· 2014 - Waterlooville Leaves, Sainsbury, Waterlooville, Hampshire.
· 2014 - Finberry Approach, south of Ashford, Kent
· 2014 - Springline III, Park Road South, Havant Hampshire
· 2012 - Swindon Works, Great Western Railway Underpass, Swindon, Wiltshire
· 2012 - Waterlooville Pavilion, London Road, Waterlooville, Hampshire
· 2011 - Hessle Road Banners, Shopping street, Hessle Road, Hull
· 2010 - Langley Green Patterns, Shopping area, Langley Green, Crawley
· 2009 - Boudica Colonnade, Queen Boudica Primary School, Colchester, Essex
· 2008 - Hreod Elements, Nova Hreod College, Swindon
· 2008 - Tiger Reeds, Watermark Development, Cardiff Bay
· 2007 - Pixel Glazing, Seven new schools, North Swindon
· 2006 - Chelmsford Oak, New Park and Ride Facility, Chelmsford
· 2006-08 - Springline (I&II), Havant Park and Havant Retail Park, Havant, Hampshire
· 2005 - Rotherwas Women, Rotherwas Industrial Estate, Hereford
· 2004 - Droplet, Commercial Road, Portsmouth
· 2003 - Electric Sheep, Milton Keynes Theatre, Milton Keynes
· 2003 - Gimmie something to dance to..., Salisbury Street multi storey car park, Southampton
· 2000 - Presence, The Dome Theatre, Brighton
· 2000 - Waterwings, Blackpool Promenade, Blackpool
· 1999 - Life Span, The Royal Hospitals, Belfast
· 1999 - Skelmersdale Rose, Skelmersdale roundabout, Skelmersdale
· 1997 - Concourse, Wimbledon Station, London Borough of Merton, Wimbledon
· 1997 - Oscar Wilde Memorial Walk, Chestnut Walk, Reading
· 1997 - Running Wall, Lee Valley Park Sports Centre, Lee Valley
· 1996 - Tony Hancock Memorial, Corporation Street, Birmingham
· 1995 - Untitled, Leicester Royal Infirmary, GU Clinic, Leicester
· 1995 - Walk, Grafton Shopping Centre, Cambridge
· 1992 - Kiss Wall, Brighton Promenade, Brighton, East Sussex
· 1984 BA Hons, Fine Art, Gwent College of Higher Education, Newport, Gwent
· 1981 Foundation Course, Winchester School of Art, Winchester
1990/97 Part-time Lecturer, Foundation Course and National Diploma, University of Portsmouth
Visiting Lecturer, Fine Art, Gwent College of Higher Education: Site Specific Sculpture, Wimbledon Art College: Fine Art Critical Studies, Central St Martins: Sculpture and Design and Craft, University of Brighton.